Break the cycle of hunger → tiredness → weight gain
Otherwise, you may also end up with deadly diabetes
November is Diabetes Awareness Month
Diabetes (high blood sugar) is a potentially fatal condition because high levels of sugar in the blood damage the body’s blood vessels and organs. If people with diabetes don’t reduce their blood sugar levels, they often die prematurely from heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure; and they can also become blind. Even occasional high blood sugar can still wreak havoc – on your waistline and your energy levels. And it all starts with insulin…
How diabetes starts
Excessive insulin (released in response to rapidly absorbed carbohydrates) removes too many carbohydrates from your bloodstream, and stores them as fat. As a result your blood sugar levels drop and you become tired. Your brain (which relies on blood sugar for energy) then instructs your body to eat more carbohydrates to raise blood sugar again, resulting in an increased appetite. You have now entered the vicious cycle of hunger, tiredness and weight gain. If this cycle is not halted, the body’s ability to produce insulin may become exhausted, blood sugar levels rise dramatically and full-blown diabetes ensues.
If you suffer from tiredness after eating carbohydrates, followed by weight gain and runaway appetite, you can help break the cycle with a combination of nutraceutical supplements. Don’t wait until you develop diabetes.
- Break the beginning of the cycle – slow down the rate of absorption of carbohydrates
- Break the middle of the cycle – improve energy and reduce fat storage:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (Dual R-Form) contains BOTH of the most effective and safest R-forms of alpha lipoic acid. It helps the body respond in a better way to insulin by encouraging sugar to be used as energy, and not to be stored as fat. It prevents insulin resistance and boosts energy levels.
- Glucose Regulating & Diabetes Formula is a multi-action formulation that slows carbohydtrate absorption, improves the body’s sensitivity to insulin and supports pancreas function.
- Break the end of the cycle – reduce appetite and carbohydrate craving
- Chromium Polynicotinate – the safer and more effective form of chromium – is a mineral which helps keep the blood levels of glucose balanced and reduces carbohydrate cravings.